Wrinkle Prevention and Treatment
What are wrinkles and how do they form?
Wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process. With age, our skin gets thinner, drier and we lose elastin. The ability for our skin to protect itself is reduced as we age. Eventually, wrinkles, creases and lines form on our skin.
Continuous muscle contraction is also another major contributor of facial wrinkles. Continuous muscle movement causes ‘dynamic wrinkles’ which only appear when the muscle is used, however, over time, if untreated, these wrinkles can become ‘static wrinkles’ which means they become permanently etched in our skin.(Click Here to Contact Us)
Forehead and Frown Lines(Glabella)
- Forehead Lines – Forehead lines are horizontal lines that form through the repetitive use of your eyebrows. Over time, these dynamic wrinkles form permanent lines.
- Frown Lines – Frown lines are the vertical lines between your eyes and are also known as your ‘glabella lines’. Repeated muscle movement and contraction leads to permanent static wrinkles.
- Crow’s Feet – Also referred to as ‘smile lines’ or ‘character lines’, these lines appear on the outside corners of the eyes.
- Brow Lift – Your brows can sometimes appear uneven or asymmetrical. Muscle relaxing anti-wrinkle injections can increase facial symmetry and in certain cases provide a brow lift.
- Bunny Lines – Also known as nose lines, can appear from the constant scrunching of the nose muscle. They appear as horizontal wrinkles which form across the ridge of the nose.
Back to Work
Duration of Results
Whilst the face is in motion, the lines that appear are known as dynamic wrinkles, however, repeated movement over time forms deeper lines and folds known as static wrinkles.
Anti-wrinkle injections work to prevent the formation of static wrinkles by stopping the signal between the nerve and muscle.
The decreased movement in the muscle places less stress on the skin helping you maintain a fresh and youthful appearance. This treatment is most effective when used as a preventative measure.
Anti-wrinkle injections are made from a purified protein that temporarily causes facial muscles to relax, instantly softening lines and wrinkles and reducing the severity of visible wrinkles. (Click Here to Contact Us)